Africa Prime also seeks to Partner with new Film Productions
(Coproduction of Documentaries and Films)
Africa Prime strives to identify and partner with new African talent in documentary and film production, as well as with the continent’s leading writers and directors. Productions are geared to streaming services, broadcast TV and possibly movie theatres. Africa Prime is ready to study scripts and discuss the practical modalities of collaboration with producers, including co-production. By so doing, AP seeks to encourage, facilitate and promote African production globally.
The following information should be sent in with your application to be considered:
- A completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae – please ensure that you identify the level of your proficiency in English.
- Please supply a brief 2 or 3 page outline of your documentary/film. It must include:
• Target market
• Script as appropriate
Please fill in the form below
Africa Prime’ Content Submission Terms & Conditions
- I represent and confirm that I am the originator or owner of the proposal and I am entitled to submit it to Africa Prime for consideration.
- I warrant that the proposal and submission has not been previously used as the basis for a production. Further that I own or control all rights including copyright in the submitted material necessary to make the submission and further that I have full authority to negotiate any agreement for use of the material without infringing the rights of others. Further that the material submitted is not presently submitted to another third party for consideration as the basis for a production
- I acknowledge that Africa Prime has no obligation to accept any submission or proposal or to produce any production even if the proposal or submission is selected by Africa Prime. The submission of my proposal is entirely voluntary.
- I acknowledge that Africa Prime receives many submissions of ideas, formats, stories, suggestions, and other materials that may be similar to my proposal and it may already be considering similar or identical ideas. I further acknowledge that Africa Prime may be producing or may have already produced ideas similar to my proposal. I therefore understand and agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation if Africa Prime subsequently commissions or produces material similar to my proposal.
- Save where Africa Prime has agreed otherwise in writing, any material I send to Africa Prime will not be treated as confidential. Accordingly, I agree that: (i) such material shall not be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Africa Prime; (ii) no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between me and Africa Prime in any way; and (iii) I have no expectation of review, compensation or consideration of any type.
- Africa Prime’s receipt of the ideas and materials in my unsolicited proposal is not an admission by Africa Prime of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not limit Africa Prime’s right to contest existing or future intellectual property rights relating to my proposal. Further, by accepting my proposal, Africa Prime shall not adversely affect any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights it may already have or which it may seek to assert in the future.
- Africa Prime reserves the right to delete any proposal which, in its sole discretion, it considers offensive, defamatory, racially prejudicial or unlawful or which otherwise infringes any rights of third parties.
- I hereby indemnify and hold harmless Africa Prime, its officers, representatives and successors in title from any claim, damage, loss, injury or disappointment I may suffer whatsoever arising as a result of my submission of the proposal.
- I acknowledge that there is no obligation on Africa Prime to return any documentation submitted by me or forming my proposal.
- Africa Prime does not accept responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any system involved in the submission of the proposal (including but not limited to telephone networks or lines, computer systems or equipment, servers, system providers, software failure or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website).
- Africa Prime receives numerous television programming proposals that may be similar to the ideas you wish to present and it may already be considering ideas similar or identical to yours. The producer accepts that the ideas you present to us may also be similar to ideas which Africa Prime itself is currently developing or has previously developed and/or produced.